Magic is a supernatural force of great power that originated from the essence of Hecate and the gods and angels themselves. The force of Hecate, known as mana, flows through the veins of sorcerers, who have the power to harness that energy and manipulate reality. Sorcerers have mana along with vita, the force of Phanes that flows through all living things. The Immortals, however, use divine magic, which is a very powerful type of magic that exceeds mortal understanding, and would just be seen as the Immortals' natural abilities, rather than magic.
Types of Magic Edit
There are many different types of magic. There is a lot of overlap, however, so it might be tricky. Basically, each sorcerer has a natural affinity for a certain type of elemental magic, despite them being able to cast spells from any type and apply those types of magic. Usually, sorcerers specializing in certain types of magic would find it easier to channel the element and perform feats without many incantations.
- Mystiokinesis: Known as pure magic, this type of magic uses the application of mana to perform feats involving telekinesis, teleportation, telepathy, divination, pure force fields (energy/protection magic), etc.
- Hydrokinesis: Known as water magic, users are able to manipulate water and liquids, harnessing the force of Hydros.
- Pyrokinesis: Known as fire magic, users are able to control fire and conjure it. One of the most destructive elements.
- Geokinesis: Known as earth magic, users harness Gaia as the earth and control aspects of her, like stones and rocks, mountains, soil, etc.
- Chlorokinesis: Known as nature magic, users harness Natura and are able to control plant life. This is also associated with growth.
- Aerokinesis: Known as air magic, users manipulate winds and are able to control oxygen and gases.
- Atmokinesis: Known as weather magic, users use a combination of water, air, lightning, and sometimes fire and earth to manipulate the weather. One of the most destructive elements.
- Electrokinesis: Known as lightning magic, users can generate and control electricity and summon lightning. This is usually associated with speed.
- Ferrokinesis: Known as metal magic, similar to earth magic, users can manipulate metals, as well as gems and other jewels. This is associated with crafting.
- Cryokinesis: Known as ice magic, users are able to freeze things and control ice and snow, a colder form of water.
- Amokinesis: Known as love magic, this magic utilizes empathy to understand others' emotions. Love magic draws on the force of Amandus and is associated with persuasion and mind manipulation.
- Photokinesis: Known as light magic, users can bend and manipulate light, like sunlight or artificial light, and illuminate a place.
- Umbrakinesis: Known as darkness magic, not to be confused with dark magic, users can manipulate shadows and darkness.
- Hypnokinesis: Known as sleep magic, users can manipulate sleep in its whole and also dreams. Utilizing sleep patterns and the mind, users have a lot of power in the Dream World, Auberon's world.
- Necromancy: Known as spirit magic, users can contact the dead and may have a lot of control over them. Users can also manipulate infernal things like creatures, hellfire, etc.
White v.s. Dark Edit
- White Magic: Any form of magic used to defend Mortalia and for simple everyday use with no evil intentions is considered white magic. It has fewer restrictions and is easier to use.
- Dark magic: Not to be confused with darkness magic, this magic is forbidden and very difficult to use, and is known to be sacrificial and harming. Using dark magic too much can lead someone to be damned to Inferna, and dark magic usually involves killing people and non-monstrous creatures. Resurrection, hexes, and curses are considered to be dark magic.
- Runic Magic: This magic applies the usage of runes and symbols to cast spells, and this is an easy form of magic for those who need practice, however, some runes are extremely powerful.
- Biokinesis: Also known as healing magic, this doesn't belong to an element but can be performed by utilizing different elements, such as Ice Healing. Users can use spells to heal themselves or others, but healing magic can also be used destructively to harm. If not harming monsters or used in self-defense, then it would be considered dark magic.
- Talisman Magic: Uses different talismans or magical objects to enhance one's magical ability and cast spells.
- Astral Magic: Uses power from astral planes, stars, the moon, the planets, etc., from Astraea, to perform spells related to space. Astral projection is utilized in this form of magic.
- Chronokinesis: Also known as time magic, a rare form of magic that harnesses Chronos to be able to freeze time, travel in time, and accelerate or decelerate it. It is super rare and super powerful.
- Hallucikinesis: Known as illusionary magic, users are able to bend the Veil to manipulate reality and induce illusions, such as disguising themselves or making others confused.
- Transfiguration Magic: Users are able to warp reality successfully and transform objects and people into different things. This magic is also related to people transforming into their familiars, as well as the usage of alchemy/potion-making.
- Summoning Magic: Used to summon immortals or creatures, usually to ask for favors or protection. This does not include summoning spirits, which is part of necromancy.
- Zodiac Magic: This is rarely used, but draws power on the user's zodiac element, basically giving them another specialization, however, this is weaker. There are only four zodiac elements though: water, fire, earth, and air.